Sunday, May 4, 2008

This Time Next Week

This time next week, I'll be in Salvador. I am really excited about going back. I will be returning to the orphanage at Madre Teresa as I requested. I'm looking forward to seeing how much the children have grown and changed. A couple of them should be talking by now. It will be a smaller group of volunteers than my last trip. Only 12 arriving at the same time I do and there is only one person there currently. It must be lonely for her. When Larry arrives, that will be 14. But it gets busy again at the end of May. There will be 40 new arrivals May 31.

I did a little shopping for supplies today. We can only take materials that we will use for projects with the children. I'll take some yarn, balloons, stickers and I got some foam visors and crowns on sale at Michaels to decorate. The crowns were a big hit last time. So were the balloons.

I've got lots to do to get ready this week, so I'll be busy. Friday will come quickly.
Judy

No comments: